How to Edit/change a Recurring Payment?
What do you do when your payment service provider does not enable you to adjust or change the recurring payment amount as and when you want? Amount once set and created cannot be changed within the payment service provider limiting your business case options such as providing a special discount to your customers during off season days to reduce seasonal churn. circuly makes payment service providers smart. circuly's recurring payment logic for subscriptions allows us to give you more flexibility with your recurring transactions.
You may wish to change or edit a recurring payment because of xyz reason. Follow the video tutorial or the steps mentioned below to edit/change a recurring payment:
Watch the video tutorial:
You may wish to change or edit a recurring payment because of xyz reason. Follow these steps to edit/change a recurring payment:
- Log in to your circuly operations backend and go to Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to edit from the Subscription List and click on it.
- Under the Recurring Payments section find the payment you want to edit or change and click on the three dots next to it in the same row to see the editing options.
- To edit one recurring payment select Edit Recurring Payment(s). To change all recurring payments also select Edit Recurring Payment(s) and toggle the button for Change all future payments.
Note: You can only change/edit recurring payments that have not been settled yet and the Payment Settled column displays the status as "no". If the Payment Settled column displays the status as "yes" then the payment can no longer be changed because the payment has already been settled and billed and can no longer be edited.
- In the Edit Recurring Payment(s) window make the necessary changes and click on SUBMIT CHANGES.
Your editing options:
- Change amount: to change the amount type in the new recurring payment amount.
- Change date: to change the date, select the new date from the calendar.
- Change amount / date of all future payments: toggle the button for Change all future payments.
- Message to customer: add a customised message to the customer informing them about the reason for the change in the recurring payment. The customer will be automatically notified via e-mail about the changes that you have made.