How to Edit the Subscription Start Date for an Existing Subscription?
Use case: when the product was not delivered to the customer in time but the subscription was already created and as a result you need to edit the subscription start date.
The subscription start date either be manually selected while creating a subscription or the process of selecting a subscription start date can be fully automated. But this is only for order that do not have a subscription yet.
If a subscription has already been created for a rental order then the procedure to change the start date for the said subscription is different.
To change the start date of an existing subscription:
- Go to the Recurring Payments tab and select the recurring payment from the Recurring Payment List that is associated with the subscription you want to edit.
- Click on the three dots and select the Edit recurring payment(s) option from the menu.
- In the Edit Recurring Payment(s) window, turn on the toggle switch for Change all future payments > And select a date from the calendar that is in the future. The date should be based on your estimation of the delivery of goods.
- The end date for the subscription will also shift by the same number.
- The customer will be billed based on the new subscription start date.